Getting Unstuck

Fall has been good this year with a refocus on my miniatures with a renewed outlook.  I have had time to made decisions on two projects that I was stuck on.  I am bound and determined to make headway and hopeful finish them. I am a novice on this blogging project so bear with me learning. I am going to see saw between the two projects if it isn’t too confusing.  I am working on both of them at the same time.  When I need a break from one I switch to the other one.  Both have had long incubation periods and are pass the beginning phases.  They are stuck in the middle and need to progress to a FINISHED stage.

So this is the journey from the middle to the end.  I will be better at the whole journey story on the following projects upon completely these two structures. You have to start somewhere, right?

Today’s story is about Orchid Hill House.  It is an attempt to complete an electrified house instead of a roombox.  I have mainly done roomboxes and not a complete structure with multiple rooms that need the wiring all tied together.  It has been a lesson in planning electric layout. Hence, a lot of stop and starts.  Saga of a stuck in the middle project.

First rule of miniatures for me is that if it is yours you can do it however you want!  It is not graded or have to be done a certain way.  So it may be crazy but I abandon the front facade of the structure and made it the back.  I don’t have a turntable base for it and when I want to look at it, I want to see the inside scene not the outside windows and front door. So my point of view is looking to the interior rooms without peaking thru windows or a small doorway.

Here is the original kit picture. It was a Real Good Toys Model #PR-225.

beginning-structure

I changed many things to make it MINE.  Good or bad, it is mine.  Walls changed and only put the first part of the staircase in.  You have to imagine the stairs being somewhere just not visible in the view.  I didn’t want all the space wasted with a staircase getting to the top floor. I covered the window on the left room on the second floor and added a smaller servant’s bedroom on the 3rd floor. I removed the right railing on the staircase.  It looked awkward and had the brilliant idea of having a curved wall (how to do it wasn’t worked out at the time-just that was going to be -yikes).  If you haven’t figured out that created quite the stopping point for a length of time BUT happy to report that is finally figured out and will give the how to info on that in another post!

new-front-2-web72

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s